Acupressure is a great way to receive all the benefits of Acupuncture without the needles!
What is Acupressure?
Acupressure is an ancient healing art that uses pressure on specific points (Acupuncture points) on the body with the goal of relieving pain and discomfort, which may be caused by energy imbalance or blockage. Acu-points are located on the body meridians and can be used to restore the natural energy flow and thereby restore well-being.
Be amazed at how your stress and tension drift away as Robin works with 50 pressure points along the 12 meridians during your one-on-one session!
Schedule Your Appointment with Robin Today by
Calling (201) 220-3558 or Emailing Robin at:
*Not sure which energy program to choose?Not Sure Which Program is Best for you?
Don’t worry! Meet with Robin for a No Cost, 20 minute Get Acquainted Session!
Schedule it Today by calling Robin at (201) 220-3558 /emailing her at Robin@naturalstressreductionservices.com / Contact Her by Clicking Here
9 Benefits of Acupressure
- Aids in faster Healing – acupressure is known to release muscular tension, promote circulation of blood, aids in relieving pain, enabling deep relaxation and relieving stress. Acupressure strengthens resistance to disease and promotes wellness and enhances the body’s life force to aid healing.
- Relieves pain-when pressures is applied to the point that corresponds to the area of the body that is hurting, the body responds by releasing blockages in that area, by increasing in blood circulation to that particular area helping with pain relief.
- Relieves Stress– the stimulation of your acupressure points will aid to unblock your meridians which will make you calmer and then your body is more capable to handle stress this stimulation of points also helps your mind to function better.
- Release muscular tension– acupressure helps relieve tension from muscles by stimulating the action of nerves feeding the muscles. It also helps to bring down the stress levels and relaxes the entire body.
- Promotes increased circulation of blood flow– when pressure is applied to certain points blood flow is increased in the blood vessels, this increase of blood flow helps organs in the body regenerate and perform to optimal level.
- Reduce OTC (over the counter) Medications– acupressure is an excellent remedy for headaches, sinus congestion, and colds. Acupressure helps to relieve pain and reduces the dependence for OCT medications.
- Tones Facial Muscles– acupressure enhances muscle tone and increases blood circulation to the face. This improves the condition and tone of facial muscles, the production of collagen and connective tissue, which can lessen the appearance of wrinkles.
- Healing Trauma and Emotional Pain– Emotional stress and trauma causes the body to shut down, which keeps negative feelings “stuck”, resulting in emotional imbalances. Acupressure will release tension and restore the flow of vital energy, aiding in emotional healing.
- Better Sex– according to ancient texts there is a belief that an imbalance of chi causes a lagging libido. This is the same energy that also maintains the health of the liver and the heart. With acupressure these systems are maintained in proper working order helping your sex life.
What to expect during a session– you discuss of areas that are causing a problem or imbalance in your well-being. You will then be asked to lie on the table remaining clothed but with removal of shoes and socks. A blanket will be provided to keep you comfortable during your session. The lights will be dimmed; there will be soft music and oils diffusing. Once the session starts you will feel slight pressure on different point of your body, you feel warm or you may feel cold, you may fall asleep, or you may converse, the session is about you and you are in control. The entire session is approx. one hour including a rest time enabling you to once again become present with your surroundings.
Robin is trained and certified in the IGM® Method of Acupressure which works on the 12 meridians and 50 plus acupressure points to stimulate and unblock the circulation of your chi and help to balance and correct the imbalance of organs and chi in your body.
Acupressure is a safe technique, but is not meant to replaces professional health care. If you have cancer, arthritis, heart disease, or a chronic condition, be sure to have a discussion with your primary care provider prior to seeking treatment.
WebMD Medical Reference- David Kiefer, MD April 27, 2015
American Association of Oriental Medicine. December 28, 2000.
National Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Alliance December 28, 2000. http://www.acuall.org
Dorland’s Medical Dictionary for Health Consumers. 2007 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved.
http://Ezine Articles.com/?expert=Brenda Williams